15 Jan Mobile Gaming Roundup – 01/15/2016
iAd Sales Team Disbanded | More iOS than PC’s | Supercell clash of cards
Industry News for the Week Ending January 15, 2016. Welcome to E-Link’s weekly roundup of mobile gaming news. We curate what’s relevant in the mobile gaming industry.
- Considering retention | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz – Retention overview + insights
- Soft Launch | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Candy Crush Jelly Saga review
- Gamasutra – iOS overtakes Windows, globally, in 2015 – iOS devices > Windows PCs for the first time
- Gamasutra – Video games raised over $46 million on Kickstarter in 2015
- Apple To Disband iAd Sales Team – BuzzFeed News – Automation!
- The Future of the Wearables Market – WSJ
- Apple’s next big iPhone update includes a feature to reduce eye strain, and a shot at Google – Business Insider India Mobile
- RNTS Media buys Heyzap | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Smite developer Hi-Rez targets the mobile eSports market with launch of Jetpack | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Supercell soft-launches Clash Royale, a card-battling take on Clash of Clans
- GameStop CEO: Sony has strongest VR line up | GamesIndustry.biz
- Google appoints new VP of virtual reality | GamesIndustry.biz
- Oculus open to subsidizing Rift in the future | GamesIndustry.biz
- Vive preorders open Feb 29, HTC confirms | GamesIndustry.biz
- Beijing Kunlun buys 60% of US dating app Grindr|Companies|chinadaily.
- BlackBerry Android Affair Spelling Death For BB10? ‘Far From It,’ Says The Company : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times
- New ‘Batman v Superman’ trailer shows how the Batmobile fares against Kryptonian beefcake
- David Bowie’s last release, Lazarus, was ‘parting gift’ for fans in carefully planned finale – Telegraph
Top Games on January 15, 2015 (iPhone, US)
image source: YouTube