04 Sep Mobile Gaming Roundup – 09/04/2015
Apple’s Twitter for games; women play more games; China plays most games – $11 billion market by 2019
Industry News for the Week Ending September 4, 2015. Welcome to E-Link’s weekly roundup of mobile gaming news. We curate what’s relevant to those in the mobile gaming industry.
- 6 ways your indie mobile game can top the charts – Mobile Dev Memo – i.e. 6 things to keep in mind when developing a game, not actually
- Mobile Gaming Apps Up in China, But Play Time Data is Mixed Bag
- As mobile gaming stagnates, people are spending less time (and more money) playing games – No new games are to blame
- Adult Women Are the Biggest Demographic In Gaming | alistdaily – Taking into account Casual/Social games of course.
- Gamasutra: Vasiliy Sabirov’s Blog – How to calculate the lifetime value: the review of methods – From [$ / players] to complicated formulas.
- The plot thickens in the Machine Zone vs. Kabam lawsuit – Blame it on the alcohol
- Google’s Android Wear smartwatches now work with iPhones – CNET
- Google OnHub: An easy router that cures bad Wi-Fi [REVIEW]
- Gamasutra: Josh Bycer’s Blog – Blizzard Branding: Exploring Cross Game Marketing – Blizzard cross-promotes within games by various methods
- 46% of US social casino gamers spend money – Newzoo | GamesIndustry.biz
- How ‘Guild Wars 2’ Goes Free And Keeps Players Happy | alistdaily
- Mobcrush Gets $11 Million For Mobile Streaming | alistdaily
- Gamasutra – Court rules for Gran Turismo in trademark suit, cites First Amendment
- Apple opens App Store games Twitter account | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz – Apple Twitter account all about gaming.
- Most downloaded games not always top grossing | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Gazillion confirms layoffs | GamesIndustry.biz
- Grind and bear it | GamesIndustry.biz
- Google’s iconic logo is changing in a big way
- Google Street View Becomes A Full App In v2.0 With Support For Spherical Cameras, Photosphere Sharing, And More [APK Download]
- Japan’s top-grossing mobile game Monster Strike pulled from Apple app store – Was re-instated later, rumor is a redeem code circumventing Apple’s processes.
- Chinese Mobile Market Will Eclipse U.S. This Year, Be Worth $11.1 Billion By 2019 | alistdaily
- Are SEA marketers truly understanding consumer behaviour on mobile? | Marketing Interactive
- Marketing to China’s millions: Make social media a priority – Mobile Marketer – Columns
- MyGamez funding round | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Shanda forms Western-focused mobile division Eyedentity Mobile | GamesIndustry.biz
- Dominations does 1 million in Asia | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Netmarble renames Raven | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
Top Games on September 4, 2015 (iPhone, US)
– Happy Wheels out of nowhere
header image: @AppStoreGames