11 Sep Mobile Gaming Roundup – 09/11/2015
6S, TV, iPad Pro; more Google Play tools; Amazon Fire extinguished.
Industry News for the Week Ending September 11, 2015. Welcome to E-Link’s weekly roundup of mobile gaming news. We curate what’s relevant to those in the mobile gaming industry.
- Upshot of Apple’s Special Event – The big event in case you missed it – iPhone 6S, Apple TV, iPad Pro
lnhqtnrwsz96zau/MMA%20-% 20State%20of%20App% 20Discovery%20Webinar%20-% 20Final.pptx
Interesting stats on general app discovery – Specific task? WOM? ad? top of charts? – iOS vs Android – start with page 14
- Gamasutra: Juha Vainio’s Blog – Starting up a game business: Working with Minimum Viable Products
- Indie game Nom Cat pulls 2 million downloads in 2 months with no UA spend | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Google updates its Play Games analytics tools for developers | GamesBeat | Games | by Jeff Grubb
- Inside Scopely’s ‘Aggressive’ Marketing Campaign | alistdaily – It’s been a blitz of Walking Dead ads, using more traditional Marketing.
- Nokia’s first Android phone reportedly breaks cover
- Miyamoto Confirms That Super Mario Bros. 3 Was A Play – Will blow your mind.
- Ubisoft will open a theme park in 2020 | GamesIndustry.biz
- Mega Man movie in the works | GamesIndustry.biz
- Gameloft cuts around 80 staff from Tokyo office – report | GamesIndustry.biz
- Kabam Strikes Back With ‘Star Wars: Uprising’ | alistdaily
- MENA mobile data traffic to grow 14 times by 2020 | Economy | Saudi Gazette
- Free Digital Marketing Article | eMarketer – Latin America looks to games.
- The Story of Oculus Rift | Vanity Fair – Story about Zuckerberg and the Oculus – he’s playing the long game.
- Pokémon Go augmented reality game set for 2016 release by Niantic | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- DomiNations hits 12 million worldwide downloads in its first 5 months | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Amazon Dumps The Fire Phone | Mobile Marketing Magazine
- Google releases new Wallet app with refreshed interface ahead of Android Pay launch | 9to5Google
- Facebook signals deeper push into e-commerce with Pages redesign – ARN
- Facebook opens up live broadcasting and its Mentions app to Verified Profiles | VentureBeat | Social | by Ken Yeung
Top Games on September 11, 2015 (iPhone, US)