09 Oct Mobile Gaming Roundup – 10/09/2015
Surface Book surfaces | iRing – Apple Smartring? | HoloLens dev kits Q1’16, $3000
Industry News for the Week Ending October 9, 2015. Welcome to E-Link’s weekly roundup of mobile gaming news. We curate what’s relevant to those in the mobile gaming industry.
- User acquisition costs go up, up, and away in August – Year on year shows a drastic increase.
- We Analyzed 37,259 Facebook Ads and Here’s What We Learned – Basic tips of a FB ad.
- Here’s Everything From Today’s Windows 10 Devices Event – IGN – The Surface Book is getting a lot of praise.
- Gamasutra – The most anticipated games of the year, right here – List of most anticipated games for the holiday by console.
- The Angry Birds Movie – Official International Trailer – YouTube
- Marvel Puzzle Quest TV ad | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz – The old Hulk is back.
- 20th Century Fox ties mobile ticketing to gaming and wearables – Mobile Commerce Daily – Gaming
- HoloLens dev kit ships Q1 2016 | GamesIndustry.biz – For $3000.
- Early iPhone 6S owners reporting burning hot Touch ID buttons
- Gamasutra: Mark Klocek’s Blog – The Online Browser Games Industry – Flash and HTML5 – and the fall of it.
- James Bond: World of Espionage review – Android reviews | Pocket Gamer – Great IP doesn’t always make great game..
- Dell is planning the biggest, boringest tech merger ever
- Google enables super fast news for smartphones — if you don’t mind ads
- iRing: Could Apple soon release a smartring? | SmartCompany – Patents filed.
- Apple Turns On iOS 9 Feature That Can Shrink Apps For Developers | Lifehacker Australia
- Android Marshmallow is available now — if you have a Nexus device
- Gamasutra – Video game voice actors overwhelmingly authorize strike
- How The BAND Connects 40 Million Gamers | alistdaily
- Unity to drop Web Player support in March 2016 | GamesIndustry.biz
- More People Search Google From Their Phone Than From Their PC | Variety
- Lightroom mobile app for iOS is now a standalone image editor free for everyone
- Gamasutra – Zynga launches ads that are games into its games
- Gamasutra – Live eSports coverage heading to the BBC for the first time ever
- Immortals Taking the Gaming Stage | alistdaily
- PS4 Price Drop Announced for North America – IGN
- Destiny introduces microtransactions | GamesIndustry.biz
- Steam Sections to appear at selected retailers | GamesIndustry.biz
- Critical Consensus: Soaring prices mar the excellent Lego Dimensions | GamesIndustry.biz – Lego has always come at a premium…
- Twitter’s snazzy new Project Lightning is going to save everything (they hope) – Twitter “Moments” help brands curate tweets based on trends.
- Facebook tests ‘Reactions,’ a Like button with more emotions – behind the rumored “disklike” button.
- 4 thoughtful Tinder alternatives for finding love in Asia
- • China mobile OS market share 2012-2015 | Statistic – Android almost 75%.
Top Games on October 9, 2015 (iPhone, US)