06 Nov Mobile Gaming Roundup – 11/06/2015
Activision buys King $6B | 1/2 U.S. own tablets | Apple TV adds charts
Industry News for the Week Ending November 6, 2015. Welcome to E-Link’s weekly roundup of mobile gaming news. We curate what’s relevant to those in the mobile gaming industry.
- Redesigning Your Mobile Game From Paid to F2P – Things to consider. E-Link has experience as well.
- AppLovin Apple TV SDK | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz – First SDK for in-app ads.
- Why you need to spend usd 100000 | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz – Suggests 1000 paying users needed for statistical significance, which requires 33,000 Users at a 3% conversion, at a cost of $3 CPI. $3 CPI x 33,000 is your $100,000. //Of course you could start at a much smaller scale, and work your way up to that if early KPI’s are positive.
- Activision Blizzard to buy King for $5.9 billion | GamesIndustry.biz – That’s a lot of candy.
- Games deals ice age – Game industry investments down?
- Mobile user acquisition costs climb and download volumes drop in September
- The ‘New’ Way to Monetize the Mobile App Industry May Not Be So New – Don’t forget to build your email base.
- Glu Mobile Talks About Jason Statham Starring in New Mobile Game | alistdaily
- How Long Before VR Becomes Mainstream? | alistdaily
- Nearly half of US adults own tablets – Survey | GamesIndustry.biz – Consoles plateau
- 7 million Apple Watches shipped | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz – 3rd party estimates
- Apple TV App Store adds charts | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- YouTube to support virtual reality video on its app | Reuters
- Gamasutra – Oculus Rift sales will start off slow, says Facebook CEO
- Gamasutra – Guild Wars publisher NCSoft opens mobile gaming division
- Despite population gap Japan far outspends China in mobile gaming | GamesIndustry.biz
- Nazara publishing Cut the Rope in India | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Indian mobile market will hit $1.2 billion revenue in 2018 | GamesIndustry.biz
- Steam launches dev-controlled Item Store | GamesIndustry.biz
- Gamasutra – Tencent still on top, in latest list of top game companies by revenue
- Who Were Television’s Biggest Video Game Ad Spenders in October? | alistdaily – Mostly console, with Puzzle & Dragons.
- Facebook Testing ‘Local Market’ Buying And Selling Feature : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times
- Facebook sales top estimates, fuelled by mobile advertising
- Twitter launches new analytics tool that tells brands what users are saying about them
- Tracking YouTube influencer campaigns with TROPHiT | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Better late than never? Samsung IT arms push into autos | Reuters
- Microsoft drops unlimited OneDrive storage after people use it for unlimited storage | Ars Technica
- Two guys wearing jetpacks fly alongside an Airbus A380
Top Games on November 6, 2015 (iPhone, US)