13 Nov Mobile Gaming Roundup – 11/13/2015
Singles’ Day bigger than Black Friday | BlackBerry ships Android | Facebook Ad reminders
Industry News for the Week Ending November 13, 2015. Welcome to E-Link’s weekly roundup of mobile gaming news. We curate what’s relevant to those in the mobile gaming industry.
- 10 Things I’ve Learned While Learning Facebook Ads – Moz – Good reminders when setting up FB ads.
- Top games for Apple TV | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz – A mix of your usual iOS chart toppers and new comers.
- Gamasutra: Martin Macmillan’s Blog – The Millionaires Index
- Farm Away ARPU | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Acquisition, Retention and Monetisation order | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- BlackBerry ships its Android phone…is it a comeback? – US & UK, if you still miss that keyboard.
- After King deal, Activision now makes more revenue from games than Microsoft, Sony, or EA
- Indie Mavens discuss the difficulties of supporting iOS games | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Star Wars director J.J. Abrams making a game | GamesIndustry.biz
- Nintendo’s first mobile games will be free-to-play | GamesIndustry.biz
- Gamasutra – Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune on crowdfunding’s unexpected side effects
- Trivia Crack growth | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Nine Mind-Blowing Things We Learnt On China’s Singles’ Day 2015 Mega-Sale – TechNode – Black Friday US 2014 Online Sales: $1.4B | Alipay transactions alone on China Singles’ Day*: $14.3B
- NCsoft opens Iron Tiger | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Tencent sees $1.2bn profit in Q3 | GamesIndustry.biz
- Gamasutra – DeNA financials offer new insight into Nintendo partnership –
- Com2uS FY15 Q3 | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
*China celebrates being single on 11/11. Over time, commercialization turned it into a day for Sales completely outpacing even that of Black Friday in the US.
- IMGAs add mobile VR | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- VR comes to Pocket Gamer Connects London 2016 | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Gear VR shipping on November 20 | GamesIndustry.biz
- Gamasutra – EVE Online dev raises $30 million to create more VR titles
- Gamasutra – 2 Become 1: Blizzard designs MOBA hero for dual-player control
- Black Ops 3 sells $550 million in three days | GamesIndustry.biz
- Critical Consensus: Fallout 4 | GamesIndustry.biz
- Holy Shit, Final Fantasy VII’s Cloud Is Coming To Smash Bros.
- Mike Sepso On Activision Blizzard’s Brand New ESports Division | alistdaily
- Facebook won’t let you mention this website anymore – Tsu.com shared ad revenue with users, became source of spam
- Facebook Is Making Employees Switch From iPhone To Android
- Facebook Messenger adds fast photo sharing using face recognition | The Verge
- Facebook now lets you subscribe directly to celebrities’ live streams | VentureBeat | Social | by Jordan Novet – Live streams are for select celebs thus far.
- Facebook Introduces App That Sends Smartphone Alerts – Bloomberg Business
- Facebook Mulls Ad Changes for Instant Articles After Publisher Pushback – WSJ
- Facebook’s traffic to top publishers fell 32 percent since January – Digiday – FB encourages internal links over external, top publishers traffic drops.
- Social media – Twitter users have taken the new favorite to heart
Top Games on November 13, 2015 (iPhone, US)
header image: The actor Daniel Craig joins the Alibaba founder and chairman Jack Ma, left, to help bring some razzmatazz to the company’s Singles’ Day marketing. Photograph: China Daily/Reuters