20 Nov Mobile Gaming Roundup – 11/20/2015
Google Play Apps must say ad-funded | New Play Store pricing | Asia 56% of Global Game Revenue
Industry News for the Week Ending November 20, 2015. Welcome to E-Link’s weekly roundup of mobile gaming news. We curate what’s relevant to those in the mobile gaming industry.
- Google Play to introduce mandatory “ad funded” label – report | GamesIndustry.biz
- Google Play Store app listings in 2016 will let users know if any app contains ads – Make sure to update your games/apps!
- Google Play minimum price lowered | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz – Min. price lowered in 17 countries
- App Name: How to Boost Your Organic Downloads – App Annie Blog
- Gamasutra – A two year look at the sales of chart-topping iOS title, A Dark Room
- “Gap between console and mobile is not as big as it seems” – Newzoo | GamesIndustry.biz – Hardcore console gamers = core mobile payers
- Mobile study reveals F2P gender preferences | GamesIndustry.biz – Inifite runner are 50/50 M/F, 90% of FPS are male.
- 100 SDKs | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz – Ads, networks, mediators, attribution, analytics, etc. A must to publish games,
- How Infinity Blade Developer Partnered with J.J. Abrams to Create a Video Game | alistdaily
- UK Games Fund opens first round of applications | GamesIndustry.biz
- Video games contributed $3bn to Canada’s GDP in 2015 | GamesIndustry.biz
- Gamasutra: Andrew Kope’s Blog – Losing Control: A/B Testing in Mobile Games – A/B can always have other variables at play.
- Microsoft will begin Windows 10 mobile rollout in December
- Vainglory 1 million Twitch viewers | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Google Launches Revamped Google Plus Around Interests, Streams | Re/code
- “With the right launch 30 per cent of your revenue should come from China” | GamesIndustry.biz
- Global Mobile Data Consumption Trends: A Special Report for Operators & OEMs – App Annie Blog
- Gamasutra – 56% of global mobile game revenue is being generated in Asia
- Gamasutra – What makes Japan’s biggest phenomenon, Yo-Kai Watch, tick?
- ‘Fallout 4’ Continues Trend of Revitalized Game Marketing | alistdaily
- Of course Ronda Rousey owns the cover of ‘EA Sports UFC 2’
- StarCraft II expansion has sold 1 million units | GamesIndustry.biz
- Gamasutra – Windows 10 vs. SteamOS – One benchmark shows low Linux performance
- Critical Consensus: Star Wars Battlefront is gorgeous but lightweight | GamesIndustry.biz
- Afro Samurai 2 pulled from PS4, Steam by publisher | GamesIndustry.biz – 21 metacritic
- Sony working on PS2 emulation for PS4 | GamesIndustry.biz
- ION Ranks Twitch’s Top 10 Streamers | alistdaily
- New Snapshot Report of Digital Media Shows Growth in the U.S. for 2016 | [ION]
- Tinder is launched on Wall Street and said to be worth $3 billion – Business – ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Facebook tries to ease heartache of breakups with new tool – Business – NZ Herald News
- Employees of fantasy sports sites stage New York rally for fantasy sports sites
- Chrome for Android and iOS passes 800M monthly active users, up from 400M a year ago | VentureBeat | Dev | by Emil Protalinski
Top Games on November 20, 2015 (iPhone, US)