23 Mar Mobile Gaming Roundup CHINA – 03/23/2016
E-Sports Betting | Tech giants jumping in VR | Mobile 3D to VR solution
Chinese Government: The market size of E-Sport is reaching 27 Billion RMB, possibility of betting business on E-sports is in discussion.
On Mar,19th, the Chinese Mobile E-sport Games(CMEG）held a press conference in Beijing,China. Chinese government officials stated that the E-sport industry in 2015 was worth 27 Billion RMB. They also stated that research is currently underway on assessing and planning the introduction of E-Sports betting. According to Hang-Seng Bank, this market for the betting business can bring up to 3.7 Billion RMB in extra revenue to the E-Sports industry.
Top Games on March 18, 2016 (iPhone, China)
Top 3 Free iOS apps
- Ninja Story (Card battle with Japanese voice actors providing characters’ voice audio)
- Shu Shan Qi Yuan (ARPG; Ancient Chinese fantasy setting)
- Hero Moba
Top 3 Paid iOS apps
- FallenSouls (RPG, Might and Magic style design)
- Ba Dao Tian Xia (ARPG; Ancient Chinese fantasy setting)
- Knights of the Zodiac ：Shen Sheng Yi Pian (Card battle; Game adapation of famous Japanese Manga/Anime)
Top 3 Grossing iOS apps
- Fantasy Westward Journey
- Clash Royale