17 Jul Mobile Gaming Roundup – 07/17/2015
Mobile Gaming globally is 20% Chinese, mobile beats desktop browsing, and reactions to the great Iwata.
Industry News for the Week Ending July 17, 2015. Welcome to our weekly roundup of mobile gaming news. We help curate what’s relevant to those in the mobile gaming industry.
- Pixelberry’s growing pains | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz – See inside a fledgling studio as it grows.
- Android vs. iOS Battle Heats Up in China | alistdaily – It’s all Android, but iOS is gaining
- Amazon tool aims to help you ‘fling’ shows onto Fire TV – CNET
sensortower-itunes/Quarterly+ Reports/Sensor-Tower-Q2-2015- Data-Digest-2.0.pdf – Good data from Sensor Tower
- Gamasutra: Ken De Pooter’s Blog – 3 tools to flesh out your indie game business – Neat tools to help plan the business side of things
- Weekend Read: Bing Gordon’s Best Advice for Game Marketers | alistdaily – Some good annecdotal points.
- Google gains billions in value as YouTube drives ad growth
- Gamasutra – These devs swear to stop selling their game when enough players die
- Official Crossy Road merchandise store | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Dave & Buster’s brings its in-store arcade games to mobile – Digiday
- GameAnalytics launches indie publishing initiative | GamesIndustry.biz
- Winning Numbers for Social Casino Games | alistdaily
- App engagement surpasses desktop in US: comScore – Mobile Marketer – Research – Data shows more and more that mobile > desktop
- iOS game revenues show top 20 dominate – Newzoo | GamesIndustry.biz
- EA partners with Comcast to bring cloud games to your TV | GamesBeat | Games | by Dean Takahashi
- Match Group Buys PlentyOfFish For $575M To Bag More Singles | TechCrunch
- Monetisation Mavens and Vainglory | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz – General sentiment: if you can afford to monetize later, good on you (For Vainglory, monetization is a latter goal)
- Fallout Shelter usd 5 million | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz – Many report “wow, $5 million!” but really, downloads soon fizzled after the first few weeks. Other games make much more in the top download spot.
- Dexter: Hidden Darkness preview | Android | Pocket Gamer – IP games keep coming
- China will make up 1/5th of the global mobile gaming market this year – Really puts into perspective how massive the Chinese market is.
- Miyamoto reacts to Iwata’s untimely death | GamesIndustry.biz
- Apple is China’s top brand device – Newzoo | GamesIndustry.biz
- Chinese Android gaming market worth $3.6 billion | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
Top Games on July 17, 2015 (iOS)
source: Top App Charts