24 Jul Mobile Gaming Roundup – 07/24/2015
Hard times for Gree, indie dissects ASO, and App Annie’s quarterly report.
Industry News for the Week Ending July 24, 2015. Welcome to our weekly roundup of mobile gaming news. We help curate what’s relevant to those in the mobile gaming industry.
- Gamasutra: Lisa Hanson’s Blog – Get Ready for TV-based Gaming to Expand China’s Games Market – Commentary on the lift of the 14 year ban. Consoles just too pricey.
- Gamasutra: Marc Bourbonnais’s Blog – Post Mortem: One month of indie game marketing – ASO (part one) – A high-level overview of the ever-critical, App-Store Optimization.
- Gamasutra: Marc Bourbonnais’s Blog – Post Mortem: One month of indie game marketing – ASO (part two) – Part 2.
- In-App Inspector: Siegefall | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz – PG’s series on IAP’s. Seigefall is Gameloft’s latest Strategy title.
files.appannie.com/reports/ App-Annie-Index-Market-Q2- 2015.pdf – Check out App Annie’s quarterly report, usually strong insights (we’re not affiliated).
- Gamasutra: Tobiasz Sieminski’s Blog – Google Analytics-driven game development by example – Interesting experiment: put out a low-quality game and iterate based on data.
- ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ is now confirmed for PC/PS4 – Announced as an exclusive at E3.
- Gamasutra – Threes devs double daily income with free version
- Bossa on the development of a launch Apple Watch game | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Kongregate’s Launchpad program helps web indies go mobile | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Nokia unveiling new VR project next week | GamesIndustry.biz
- Apple misses iPhone estimates, but sales and profits excel | PCWorld
- Gamasutra – Gree International lays off 30% of staff
- PewDiePie’s YouTube success put him on the cover of ‘Variety’
- China’s NetEase Launches Mobile Game Success Fund | alistdaily
- SGN bags $130m Netmarble investment to break into East | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
- Indian Mavens: What’s India’s ideal price point? | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz – Apple introduced a new lower price tier for India.
Top Games on July 24, 2015 (iPhone, US)
Back to Blog >
source: App Annie
header image: nihongogo.com